Proposed Material Alterations to the Draft Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2028
The Material Alterations to the Draft Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2028 have been prepared in accordance with the provision of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
Notice is hereby given that the Members of Kerry County Council, having considered the Draft Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2028 and the Chief Executive’s Report in respect of the submissions received, have resolved in accordance with Section 12(6) and (7) of the Planning and Development Acts 2000-2020, that the Draft Plan be amended. The proposed amendments constitute Material Alterations to the Draft Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2022.
The Planning Authority determined, in accordance with Section 12(7)(aa) of the Planning & Development Act 2000, as amended, that a Strategic Environmental Assessment and a Habitats Directive Appropriate Assessment Natura Impact Report were required to be carried out as respects of certain proposed Amendments/Material Alterations to the Draft Development Plan.
The likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the proposed Material Alterations have been assessed. A copy of the proposed Material Alterations to the Draft Plan, the determinations in accordance with Section 12(7)(aa) of the Planning and Development Acts 2000-2020 and the information on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the proposed Material Alterations will be available for public inspection from Wednesday 18th May to Thursday 16th June 2022, inclusive.
The Material Alterations to the Draft Plan include proposals to make additions/deletions to the Record of Protected Structures, and in accordance with Section 12 (3) of the Planning Act, the Planning Authority has served on each person who is the owner or occupier of the proposed protected structure or the protected structure, as the case may be, a notice of the proposed addition, including the particulars.
The Material Alterations to the Draft Plan is available for inspection at the following locations:
|2.||Tralee||Kerry County Council, County Buildings, Rathass, Tralee|
|Killarney||Town Hall, Killarney|
|Listowel||Listowel Municipal District Office, Arás an Phiarsaigh, Charles Street, Listowel|
|All public libraries in the county.|
|Please check the Council’s website or call 066 7183500 for arrangements.|
The plan making process is a collaborative one and we are looking for your views.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed Material Alterations, the associated SEA Screening Determination and the SEA Environmental Report (which includes information on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the proposed amendment) and the associated AA Screening Determination and AA Screening Report.
Kerry County Council hereby invites any interested parties to make submissions or observations regarding the Material Alterations to the Draft Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2028, in writing or electronically via this website, to the Planning Authority between Wednesday 18th May 2022 to Thursday 16 th June 2022 (both dates inclusive).
Submissions must relate to the specific amendments.
Making a submission
Submissions or observations may be made either:
In writing to: Damien Ginty, Senior Planner, Planning Policy Unit, Kerry County Council, Rathass, Tralee, Co. Kerry, V92H7BT.
Submissions in writing are to be clearly marked with ‘MATERIAL AMENDMENTS/ALTERATIONS KERRY COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN’.
Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. in hard copy or via the website. Email submissions will not be accepted.
The deadline for receipt of all submissions is 5.00 pm on Thursday 16th June 2022.
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:
- YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
- Submissions or aspects of submissions relating to the Environmental Reports addenda (Environmental Report Addendum, Natura Impact Report, Strategic Flood Risk Assessment) should be clearly marked as such.
- All submissions should include your name and a contact address, a map (where appropriate) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
- Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. via the online portal or hard copy.
- All submissions will form a part of the statutory Chief Executive’s report on the Material Alterations to be presented to the elected members of Kerry County Council.
- Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended). You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous, or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement. Please be advised that the submission will be published in full.
- Please note that all submission shall be published online within 10 working days of receipt.
- LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
How to use the website
You can use the menu on the right to choose what volume or chapter of the plan you wish to view. The Material Amendments are listed under the relevant Volume/Chapter. Each amendment is assigned a unique reference number. The text accompanying each amendment identifies the relevation section of the chapter that it relates to.
Proposed text deletions are identified in
black strikethrough text.
- Proposed text additions are identified in black and highlighted in yellow.
The Chief Executive’s Report prepared on the submissions received on the Draft Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2028 includes details of a number of non-material changes which are not being published as material alterations. These non-material changes will form part of the final published plan.
The Kerry PPN Development Officer Caroline Toal, along with Eamon O’Keeffe, PPN Support worker and Catherine White, Sign Language Interpreter put together a short video on How and Why to make a submission to the Draft Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2028.