Draft Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2028
The Draft Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2028 has been prepared in accordance with the provision of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) and is on public display, from Monday 6th December 2021 to Wednesday 23rd February 2022 (both dates inclusive).
The Draft Plan comprises a Written Statement and Appendices, and is accompanied by:
- an Environmental Report, prepared in accordance with the Planning & Development [Strategic Environmental Assessment] Regulations 2004 (as amended) on the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the Draft Plan pursuant to the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (as amended)
- a Habitats Directive Appropriate Assessment (Natura Impact Report), pursuant to Article 6 of the Habitats Directive 92/43/EEC
- a Strategic Flood Risk Assessment – pursuant to Section 28 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended)
The Draft Plan includes proposals to make additions to the Record of Protected Structures, and in accordance with Section 12 (3) of the Planning Act, the Planning Authority shall serve on each person who is the owner or occupier of the proposed protected structure or the protected structure, as the case may be, a notice of the proposed addition, including the particulars.
The Draft Plan includes proposals to make additions to the list of Public Rights of Way.
The Draft Plan is available for inspection at the following locations:
|2.||Tralee||Kerry County Council, County Buildings, Rathass, Tralee|
|Killarney||Town Hall, Killarney|
|Listowel||Listowel Municipal District Office, Arás an Phiarsaigh, Charles Street, Listowel|
|Please check the Council’s website or call 066 7183500 for arrangements.|
|Resulting from the Covid 19 public health restrictions currently in place it may not be feasible to access the Draft Development Plan content on demand at the above locations and as such engagement with this consultation portal is strongly recommended.|
Public Consultation Webinar
As part of the ongoing consultation process for the Draft Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2028 Kerry County Council held a Public Consultation Webinar on Thursday the 13th of January from 7pm to 9pm.
This webinar was open to everyone, and gave an overview of the Draft Kerry County Development Plan and information on how to make a submission.
Kerry County Council recorded this webinar and it can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
The plan making process is a collaborative one and we are looking for your views.
Kerry County Council hereby invites any interested parties to make submissions or observations regarding the Draft Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2028, in writing or electronically via this website, to the Planning Authority between Monday 6th December 2021 to Wednesday 23rd February 2022 (both dates inclusive).
Making a submission
Submissions or observations may be made either:
In writing to: Damien Ginty, Senior Planner, Planning Policy Unit, Kerry County Council, Rathass, Tralee, Co. Kerry, V92H7BT.
Submissions in writing are to be clearly marked with ‘KERRY COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN’.
Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. in hard copy or via the website. Email submissions will not be accepted.
The deadline for receipt of all submissions is 5.00 pm on Wednesday 23rd February 2022.
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:
- YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
- Submissions or aspects of submissions relating to the Environmental Reports (Environmental Report, Natura Impact Report, Strategic Flood Risk Assessment) should be clearly marked as such.
- All submissions should include your name and a contact address, a map (where appropriate) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent.
- Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. via the online portal or hard copy.
- All submissions will form a part of the statutory Chief Executive’s report to be presented to the elected members of Kerry County Council.
- Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended). You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous, or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement. Please be advised that the submission will be published in full.
- Please note that all submission shall be published online within 10 working days of receipt.
- LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Hard copies of the Draft Plan [written statement, including appendices, environmental report and maps] will be available to purchase only on request, please call 066 7183500.
How to use the website
You can use the menu on the right to choose what volume or chapter of the plan you wish to view.
Pdfs of the respective chapters/appendices are available under 'Materials' in the menu.
Irish versions of the chapters contained in Volume 1 can be found under 'Materials'.
The Kerry PPN Development Officer Caroline Toal, along with Eamon O’Keeffe, PPN Support worker and Catherine White, Sign Language Interpreter have put together a short video on How and Why to make a submission to the Draft Kerry County Development Plan 2022-2028.